Malyon firmly believes in Christian Leadership. It is committed to equipping the next generation of Christian leaders for Queensland and beyond.
- We believe that this will occur most naturally in networks with the best leadership resources.
- We believe that this will occur most effectively when based on a solid biblical foundation.
- We believe that this will occur most powerfully when Christian leaders in all places grasp God’s call and lead God’s way with God’s help.
The Malyon Centre for Christian Leadership will do all it can to make this a reality. Leadership is vitally important for the future of our churches and country.
Theology of Leadership
The Centre understands Christian leadership as being God-directed and follower-centred (Matt 20:25-28) so that leaders provide followers with:
- God’s grace (through honouring and needing God)
- Security (through the growth of godly character and wisdom)
- Significance (through a servant-heart for people)
- Hope (through God-given vision)
- Impact (through good stewardship of resources)
- Growth (through equipping followers)
- Empowerment (through team effectiveness)
- Networking Christian leaders together
- Providing the support of experienced Christian leadership mentors
- Offering input and resources
- Promoting a theological foundation for Christian leadership
- Cooperating with and supporting other Christian groups involved in developing leaders for church and society
The Malyon Centre for Christian leadership is:
- directed by an advisory Board
- self-funding through donations and contributions towards services
- accountable to the Malyon College Council
About Malyon College
Malyon Leadership runs as a ministry of Malyon College. Malyon College is a tertiary theological training college. It offers degree and masters qualifications in theology, ministry, divinity and Christian studies for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of God and His Word. The College was established by and is subsidised by Queensland Baptist churches, and trains pastors for Baptist churches, but students come from a wide range of denominations. The College has an evangelical theology which means that in its teaching it regards the Bible as the authority for faith and practice.More information about Malyon College can be found here.
Because the Centre is self-funding, it is reliant on the generosity of Christian leaders with a vision for the effective development of a new generation of Christian leaders. Donations to Malyon College are tax deductible. See further information on this website.